digiscopediary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best choice

Go down

Best choice Empty Best choice

Post  Dave E Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:33 am

Hello all, I have started to get interested in trying digiscoping , having got myself an Olivon T80 scope. I currently have a couple of cameras which I could use but not sure whether to use either of them or to get something specifically for this.
I have a Canon 400D DSLR but don`t really want to lock this on to the scope if I don`t have to. My other option is a Sony cybershot DSC-S80 4 meg compact which if mount on the Olivon universal mount would let me use the scope as a scope but I`m not not sure if it is upto the job.
Any good suggestions on which might be my best way to go would be really appreciated.

Dave E

Back to top Go down

Best choice Empty Re: Best choice

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:30 am

The Sony certainly looks up to the job, does it have Aperture Priority mode?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave E Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:53 am

Just found the instructions for this camera and it has minimal options for everything. It was bought for my son to take when he went angling to take those "my fish and I " shots every angler desires. Having it sat unused in a drawer for 6 months I was hoping it would work for me but it is not looking good. I think Iam going to have to put my hand in my pocket for a new one. Any recomendations appreciated.

Dave E

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:26 pm

From my own trials (my blog pics show camera models used in images)
My top 3.

1. Canon A85
2. Nikon P5100
3. Fuji F30/31

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave E Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:31 am

Thanks for the help and advice. I will be having a look round over the next week or so and will bear your comments in mind.

Dave E

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum