digiscopediary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixed Aperture

2 posters

Go down

Fixed Aperture Empty Fixed Aperture

Post  Grant Lumsden Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:22 am

Uh oh, the first post on this forum, Id better make this a good question then....

Ive just started to try and use my Bresser Safari and Canon EOS 350-d with the bresser adapter and T mount. Ive been told that it probably has a 'fixed' aperture of around f11 (though Im trying to get Bresser to confirm this. Some of my images are a bit hit and miss to say the least. I know it can be done, having seen some of the pictures posted on this and other sites... (Im a patient man so I dont mind practising !)

In the mean time, can some one give me a few pointers to overcome the fixed aperture values, Im assuming it will be a case of playing around with the shutter speeds/ISO & Exposure levels ???

Thanks in advance guys

Grant

Grant Lumsden

Back to top Go down

Fixed Aperture Empty Re: Fixed Aperture

Post  thornlv Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:26 am

I was doing something similar with Bresser SAFARI 20X60 - 80 and Nikon D60 + T2 mount. The Camera detects no lens so has to be in full manual mode. thing is you need lots of good light, focusing on distant subjects is hit and miss, but generally you need to go for shutter speeds of 1/125th and above. I have heard the scopes act as if a high F.stop number (f11-f14) which basically means less light and shallow depth of field.Have ordered an Opticron ES 80 ED after trying one out - scope delivers much brighter and sharper images so scoping with my D60 maay be more promising. however would be much better with a lens attached and held to the scope eyepiece.

thornlv

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum