digiscopediary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap Scope any way I can use for digiscoping?

2 posters

Go down

Cheap Scope any way I can use for digiscoping? Empty Cheap Scope any way I can use for digiscoping?

Post  filbeeme Thu May 22, 2008 5:10 am

Hi, I am new to birdwatching but have been interested in photography for about 35 years.

I have a very limited budget and have bought a LUYI 20-60 x 60 scope from ebay, ( I can here you all groan now). I am very pleased with the scope for viewing and think it is superb value for money. I have a Canon powershot IS2 with a 10 x optical zoom. I have tried putting the camera in front of the eyepiece and aligning it. However I find that I have to go to max zoom on the camera, even with the scope zoomed out to 20 to remove the vignetting. Is this a limitation of the cheap scope or am I missing something obvious?

Regards

filbeeme

Back to top Go down

Cheap Scope any way I can use for digiscoping? Empty camera for digiscopeing

Post  SCOOTER Thu May 22, 2008 9:58 am

i have just started digiscopeing i have a fuji S5700 i tried it on a scope it is very similar to your canon . I tried my fuji on a scope with an adaptor which screws
to the lens and goes over the eyepiece then centers with three little thumb screws Because of the size of the lens i had to zoom in quite a way to get rid
of vigentting and it was a bit heavy on the scope so you would need a very good tripod. after looking in to. It was a lot easier with a camera with a small lens.
I got a samsung NV 15 DIESCOPEING KIT FROM OPTICRON my scope is a opticron IS 70 WP from SRB-GRITURN if you go to there web site or ring them
they might have an adaptor for your canon. The one i could have got for my fuji was £50.00. Also have a look at the opticron web site. I hope this is of some help.If you have a look i have just started
a blog if you go to http://rascal.forumotion.com you can have a look at some of my photo there are only a few on there at the moment good luck with your scope and camera cheers Alan scooter

Last edited by SCOOTER on Sat May 24, 2008 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
SCOOTER
SCOOTER

http://rascal.galleryblogs.net

Back to top Go down

Cheap Scope any way I can use for digiscoping? Empty camera

Post  SCOOTER Thu May 22, 2008 10:11 am

I should have said i have tried both of my cameras are a fuji s5700 and s8000fd just by holding them up to the lens and i got quite a good photo
i think if you can try an adaptor on your camera it should work try before you buy if you can .scooter
SCOOTER
SCOOTER

http://rascal.galleryblogs.net

Back to top Go down

Cheap Scope any way I can use for digiscoping? Empty Re: Cheap Scope any way I can use for digiscoping?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down