digiscopediary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olivon standard digi-adapter and Kowa eyepieces

2 posters

Go down

Olivon standard digi-adapter and Kowa eyepieces Empty Olivon standard digi-adapter and Kowa eyepieces

Post  dipped Tue May 27, 2008 10:15 am

Hi All

Just joined and just acquired a Kowa 824.

Apparently the Olivon standard digiscope adapter fits the Kowa 820 series via the 50mm thread originally intended for the Kowa zoom cover.

My question which I haven't seen directly answered is what is the range of eyepiece accomodation on the adapter.ie min and max eyepiece length.

I currently have the 32x wide eyepiece which should be Ok - actually on reflection I'm not sure it would get close enough but what about the long Kowa 820 series zoom? I want lower power than 32x.

Thanks - Nev

dipped

Back to top Go down

Olivon standard digi-adapter and Kowa eyepieces Empty welcome

Post  SCOOTER Tue May 27, 2008 1:32 pm

welcome to digscopediary DIPPED . I have not been a member very long . I don't no the answer to your question hope some body does .
I have learnt a lot all ready on the forum hope you enjoy it. SCOOTER
SCOOTER
SCOOTER

http://rascal.galleryblogs.net

Back to top Go down

Olivon standard digi-adapter and Kowa eyepieces Empty Re: Olivon standard digi-adapter and Kowa eyepieces

Post  dipped Wed May 28, 2008 1:37 am

Thanks scooter

I've also posted the same ? on Birdforum. I suppose I could always email Olivon as they would know.

Small world - I was born in Aylesury!

Nev

dipped

Back to top Go down

Olivon standard digi-adapter and Kowa eyepieces Empty Re: Olivon standard digi-adapter and Kowa eyepieces

Post  Guest Wed May 28, 2008 2:51 am

Found it ;-)
Its a pity they don't quote sizes in their spec, interestingly I recently bought a cheap Hawke Nature scope and it came with their version of this adapter free, no use for my camera but still nice to see they are thinking of the Digiscopers :-)

ADDED:- I emailed one of the companies but they wont tell us stating these are made for Olivon threads and do not recomend to use on others affraid

cheers

Last edited by digiscoper_62 on Wed May 28, 2008 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  dipped Wed May 28, 2008 11:51 am

Ho Ho

Olivon got back to me and told me what I already knew ie it fits on the Kowa but ignored my question about min/max eyepiece length accomodation!

Nev

dipped

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 28, 2008 12:10 pm

Oh well, that wont help sales, all this hush, hush, not as if they invented it [the DCA] ;-)
Their loss! You need to find an owner now to get the spec.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down